To build a platform for Tagology, a language based on logos and binary code. It required a website where users view, search, add and change Tagology tags in an iPhone application intended for tag decoding.
NTR Lab created an ASP.NET website that allows the user to:
- Learn about Tagology principles;
- Register for free;
- Create tags in different categories in visual editor and assign meaning to them;
- Modify tags in visual editor;
- Comment on tags;
- Receive notification emails from the site;
- Search tags by meaning or image.
The iPhone application decodes tags generated on the site. The camera runs in video mode and is constantly extracting images, finding and decoding available tags. The user simply points at the tag and waits until it is recognized. The application also:
- displays tag meaning immediately after decoding; meanings are taken from either a local database or the server;
- selects preferred languages (primary and secondary) from the list of languages supported; and
- saves all decoded tag histories and meanings in the selected language.
iPhone application is available on App Store.
Technologies: ASP.NET, MS SQL, C#, iPhone, C++, Objective-C, SQLite, Web service, SOAP